• Legal Resources & Investigations (LRI) is, in part, a Consumer Reporting Agency
(CRA) that prepares Consumer Reports for authorized employers under the provisions of the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act
(FCRA). LRI only collects applicant data pursuant to written Authorization and Disclosure under the FCRA and only disseminates
consumer reports to employers as directed in the written authorization. Data is only collected and distributed at the direction
and authorization of consumers.
• When personal information is submitted to LRI with a request for service,
it becomes available to designated LRI employees only.
• LRI provides services only to legitimate businesses
and licensed business professionals who can demonstrate an appropriate need for and permissible use of the information.
• LRI obtains information either directly from government agencies, from third party businesses who have obtained
public record or publicly available information from its sources, or from credit bureaus. Information is obtained from various
governmental agencies that provide information related to driver’s license, motor vehicles, and criminal histories.
• LRI obtains information only from vendors that are certified or that have been thoroughly vetted and confirmed
to be legitimate vendors of data, by the industry.
• No information is ever released, utilized or shared with
anyone else, any other business, or any third party. We only disclose the minimum personal data to employers and education
institutions necessary to identify the person for whom we are requesting verification of information.
has implemented reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure personal information from accidental loss
and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties
well never be able to defeat those measures or use personal information for improper purposes.
• The data
is maintained in a secured site. Information is retained pursuant to the FCRA for a minimum of six (6) years. Destruction
of sensitive information is accomplished in accordance with the approved document disposal rules formulated by the Federal
Trade Commission (FTC).
• Any consumer may exercise their right to inspect any data about them and to object
to any data pursuant to the FCRA and applicable state law, as put forth in the FTC “Summary of Consumer Rights.”
Contact information: Legal Resources
& Investigations 949-716-5455